Children's missions ministry "BGMC" bulletin board.
As a local church affiliated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God, we hold to these Fundamental Truths. We believe…
- The Scriptures (Holy Bible) are inspired by God and declare His design & plan for mankind. The Bible is inerrant, infallible, and our authoritative guide to faith and conduct.
- There is only ONE TRUE GOD, revealed in three persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit.
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son, Jesus was both human & divine. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and died a substitutionary death for our sins on the Cross. He was also bodily raised to life on the third day.
- The Fall of Man. Though originally good, man willingly fell into sin; ushering in evil & death, both physical & spiritual into the world.
- Salvation. Every person can have restored fellowship with God through Salvation by trusting in Christ, through faith & repentance, to be our personal Savior.
- There are two ordinances that the church must practice: (1) Water baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins & receiving Christ’s gift of salvation; and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering & death for our salvation.
- In the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing & effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- The initial physical evidence of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost & referenced throughout Acts & the Epistles.
- Sanctification initially occurs at salvation & is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God & become more Christ-like.
- The Church is the Body of Christ. Each believer, born of the Spirit of God, is part of the Church. The purpose of the Church is to evangelize the world, worship God, build up believers into the image of Christ, and demonstrate God’s love and compassion for the world.
- The Ministry. A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by the Lord for the purpose of leading the church. Both men and women can serve in ministry and become pastors and ordained ministers.
- Divine healing is an integral part of the Gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of all believers.
- The Blessed Hope. The resurrection (rapture) of those who have died in Christ and their being raised together with those who are alive at the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the Church.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ. The Second Coming of Christ follows the rapture of the Church. It will be the visible return of Christ with His saints to reign on the earth for one thousand years.
- The Final Judgement. The will be a time of final judgement in which the wicked dead will be judged according to their works. Whoever is not found in the Book of Life, along with the devil and his angels, will be consigned to everlasting punishment in the lake of fire, which is the Second Death.
- The New Heavens and New Earth. We look forward to, according to the promise of Scripture, a new heaven and new earth, where there will be no more sickness, death, or pain. Believers in Christ will enjoy His blessing there for eternity.
In addition, we also strongly believe in the sanctity of all human life, especially the right to life for the unborn. We honor and support the traditional view of marriage, that God ordained the marriage covenant as only between one man and one woman.